It has brought to our attention that a malware called VPNFilter is infecting many devices on the network. It is likely that some Edimax APs or routers might be infected also. According to the available information, it is highly recommended that you take the following steps to remove the malware.
1. Perform a reboot
2. Backup configuration of your AP or router
3. Perform a restore to default setting
4. Upgrade your device’s firmware to the latest version
5. Restore the setting
6. Disable remote management
7. Please make sure your default password is changed